Panchase Trek is one of the shortest treks from Pokhara in the lower Annapurna foothills. Thereby making it a natural and cultural off the beaten track that offers incredible views of the Annapurna Range. In the same way, this trek provides you with a lovely village and mid-hill cultural life experiences. Besides, it offers beautiful scenery and the experience of staying with locals. The trail goes through the ridge that stretches from Panchase and the surrounding area. The forests in the Panchase area are very diverse, and much of it is a protected forest. The forest consists of a large number of orchid and rhododendron species.
Our journey begins with a pleasant boat ride across the Phewa lake. Then a short uphill hike will bring us to the World Peace Pagoda. The World Peace Pagoda offers a beautiful view of Phewa Lake and Pokhara city. The trail further continues through forests and several villages where we get to experience the lifestyle of the local people. The summit of Panchase peak provides superb views of Mt. Dhaulagiri, Annapurna I, Manaslu, and many others.
In other words, this trek is short and easy and does not involve a strenuous level of hiking. This three-day trek is suitable for all age groups: families, elderlies, and even children. The maximum altitude reached during this trek is only 2500m. Therefore, this trek will be a perfect option for those who want to enjoy nature and experience the beauty of the Himalayas at an easier pace. We can do this trek all the year-round except during the monsoon season.
- Enjoy one of the shortest treks nearby Pokhara.
- Appreciate the panoramic view of Pokhara valley and the Phewa lake.
- Hike through beautiful forests with diverse flora and fauna.
- Savor the majestic view of the Dhaulagiri, Annapurna, and Manaslu from Panchase hill.
- Witness rural Nepali life in the villages and learn about their lifestyle.
- Ideal for all age groups as it is a short easy walk.
Day 1: Trek to Bhumdi(1700m/4-5hr)
Our journey begins with a pleasant boat ride across Phewa Lake to reach the trailhead. The trail is a gradual uphill hike until the Shanti Stupa (World Peace Pagoda). The Shanti Stupa provides a beautiful view of the Phewa lake and the Pokhara valley. The trail descends through the forest and then steeply ascends to the village of Lukum Swara. The trail gently follows the ridge and arrive at Bhumdi village. Overnight in Bhumdi village.
Day 2: Trek to Panchase Bhanjyang(2250m/5-6hr)
Today, we shall head towards Panchase Bhanjyang. It is an uphill climb until the intersection and then descends and ascends many times and goes over a gradual flat path with a final ascend to Panchase Bhanjyang. Today's hike goes through the forest with a wide variety of flora and fauna, along with an opportunity to view Lamjung, Gangapurna, Machhapucchare, Dhaulagiri, Annapurna I, and Manaslu. Overnight in Panchase Bhanjyang.
Day 3: Panchase Peak(2500m)-Trek to Kande(5-6hr)-Drive to Pokhara(1 hr)
Early morning, we will climb up the stone steps to Panchase peak to enjoy the sunrise. Panchase peak is the highest point on this trek. We can have an astounding view of mountains like Lamjung, Gangapurna, Machhapucchare, Dhaulagiri, Annapurna I, and Manaslu. After enjoying the beautiful sunrise view, we will have breakfast at the hilltop and descend to Bhaduare. Lunch at Bhadaure, and after lunch, we will further go down to Kande and drive to Pokhara.
- Transfer to Pokhara from Kande.
- Accommodation in village lodge/ home stay.
- English speaking local trekking guide.
- All meals during the trek.
- All applicable government taxes and service charges.
- Necessary paperwork and permits(ACAP/TIMS) if required.
- Accommodation, meals and transportation in Pokhara.
- Personal Travel Medical Insurance.
- Personal expenses such as bar, beverages, tips and gratuities, laundry, telephone, etc.
- All other personal expenses not listed in the included section