Kali Gandaki River rafting is an adventurous trip offering pristine white water, turbulent rapids, and exciting villages with excellent mountain views. This rafting trip is suitable for those, looking for a short to medium-length trip. The Kali Gandaki River begins its journey from the Tibetan plateau, tumbling down between the Dhaulagiri and the Annapurna ranges. Thus, creating one of the deepest gorges in the world. The Kali Gandaki passes through narrow gorges, alongside waterfalls, forests, and exciting villages with a beautiful view of the Annapurna range.
The put-in point for this rafting trip is Maldhunga. It is about a 3 hours drive from Pokhara, and the put-out point is Mirmi, 5 hours drive from Pokhara. These three days of Kali Gandaki rafting offers you some of the best white water experiences with excellent grade III and grade IV rapids, keeping the rafters busy throughout the day.
Pick up point: Pokhara
River distance: 60 Km (Appx)
Put in point: Maldunga
Put out point: Mirmi
River grade: III and IV+
Accommodation type: Camping
Our company will not be responsible for the below:
- Insurance of personal loss or damage to personal belongings.
- Delay for arrival and departure without notice.
- Loss or damage to any equipment(property) due to negligence.
- Consumption of any alcoholic drink, smoking, or any such activity during the trip.
- Shorts, T-shirts, swimwear, lightweight shirts, undergarments, socks, and towels.
- Sun Cap/Glass/Cream, Personal water bottle, a pair of river sandals, light shoes.
- Fleece type pullover, Flashlight, Personal toiletries, Camera, Reading and Writing materials, Medication recommended by your doctor.
Day 1: Drive Pokhara – Maldunga
Early morning, drive from Pokhara to Maldunga and set camps on the river bank for lunch. After lunch, we will have a short briefing and preparations. And then set out for our first day’s rafting trip encountering a series of Class III and Class IV rapids. While paddling, we may come across fascinating rock formations on the canyon walls and villages perched on hilltops. Birding is a special feature of this trip. We may see birds like common redshank, cormorants, and kingfishers along the river. Enjoy the evening camping on the sandy beach of the river. Overnight in tent camp.
Day 2: Purtighat
The second day’s trip begins with more Class III and Class IV rapids. But as the day progresses, fewer of these are encountered than the previous day. Further downstream, the landscape changes gradually, and the valleys become wider. We end our day on the banks at Purtighat for the night. Overnight in tent camp.
Day 3: Purtighat – Mirmi-Pokhara
Today we visit the village of Seti Beni, situated at the confluence of two rivers marked by a massive boulder considered sacred to Hindus. We continue our trip encountering small rapids, the valley then widens, and the gorge is left behind. The river loses its ferocity, and the surrounding hills are no longer steep. Back in civilization, farmers can be seen busy in their fields and children waving. We end our trip with a lunch stop. And after lunch, drive about five hours to Pokhara.
(If you wish, you can request an extension trip from Pokhara)
- Transportation from Pokhara-Pokhara.
- All meals during the rafting trip.
- Accommodation in tent camps in river beach.
- Necessary equipments.
- English speaking river guide with other staffs(helper and cook).
- River permit.
- All staff expenses.
- First Aid Kit.
- All kind of bevarages during the trip.
- Hotel accommodation in Pokhara.
- Emergency evacuation.
- Tips and gratuities to staffs.
- Any other aspect not mentioned in the included sectioin.