Like the Ghorepani Poon Hill Trek, Ghandruk Dhampus Trek is also a short trek in the lower Annapurna region. It is the shortest trek from Pokhara and is relatively easy. On top of that, the countryside is incredibly stunning. Also, the trail passes through the beautiful countryside with terraced farmlands, diverse landscapes, and thick forests. Furthermore, the trail passes through several typical villages with panoramic views of the mountain ranges inhabited by the ethnic Gurung community. Moreover, this trek offers the opportunity to explore the local villages with a spectacular view of snow-capped mountains along the way. In other words, this trek provides you the opportunity to learn and understand the rich culture and tradition of the Gurung people.
Our journey begins with a scenic drive to the beautiful city of Pokhara. Next, we take a short drive from Pokhara to Nayapul. Our trek starts from Nayapul. From Nayapul, we follow the Modi Khola valley. Eventually, the trail ascends across the beautiful countryside, past terraced rice fields and villages to Ghandruk. Also, the trail from Ghandruk goes past several villages like Landruk, Dhampus, and Sarangkot to Pokhara. From Pokhara, we take a short flight to Kathmandu, where we visit some of the Unesco World Heritage sites. Therefore, this trek is ideal for trekkers who have a limited amount of time. Thus, it is perfect for those who wish to remain close to nature and experience the rich culture.
- Hike to Gurung villages through forests of rhododendron and pine
- Get the feel of the Himalayas and experience the rich culture of the mountain people.
- Spend the night in comfortable teahouses along the trekking route.
- Witness the phenomenal sunrise over the Himalayan range from Sarangkot.
- Visit some of the Unesco World Heritage Sites in Kathmandu.
- Pay a visit to the medieval city of Bhaktapur, the city of temples.
Day 1: Arrival in Kathmandu
Upon arrival at the airport, meet and transfer to the hotel. In the afternoon, you have the option to stroll around Thamel and the local streets of Kathmandu. Welcome dinner in the evening with a typical Nepali cultural program. Overnight Kathmandu.
Day 2: Kathmandu-Pokhara
After breakfast, we drive to Pokhara. The journey takes about 6 hrs to reach Pokhara. On the way, we will make several stops to observe the scenic views along the way. Upon arrival, check in to the hotel, and the evening is free to stroll around the lakeside area. Overnight in Pokhara.
Day 3: Drive to Nayapul-Trek to Ghandruk(2012m/5hrs)
After breakfast, we will drive for about an hour to Nayapul, the starting point of our trek. From Nayapul, the trail follows the Modi Khola, we cross over the river, and then gradually climb up the stone step to Ghandruk. Ghandruk offers a beautiful panoramic view of the Annapurnas. Overnight in Ghandruk.
Day 4: Ghandruk to Landruk (1565m/4-5hrs)
Enjoy the beautiful sunrise view in the morning. After breakfast, visit the Gurung museum and the monastery and continue our journey towards Landruk. Overnight in Landruk.
Day 5: Landruk-Australian Camp(2055m)-Dhampus(1650m)
Today we hike to Australian Camp. It is relatively a short hike, and it takes about 4-5 hrs to reach Australian Camp. Today's walk is easy and goes along the ridgeline to the Australian Camp. Australian Camp is the best spot to view the Annapurna and Machhapuchre. After spending some time there, we will descend to Dhampus for the night. Overnight in Dhampus.
Day 6: Dhampus to Sarangkot(1600m/4-5hrs)
Early morning, we shall enjoy the spectacular sunrise view over the Annapurna, Machhapuchre, and Dhaulagiri. After breakfast, we will continue our journey towards Sarangkot via Naudanda. Enjoy the sunset view from Sarangkot. Overnight in Sarangkot.
Day 7: Sarangkot-Pokhara(3hrs)
Enjoy the golden view of the sunrise with panoramic views of the mountain. Then after breakfast, hike towards the western edge of the Phewa lake and arrive at Pokhara. The rest of the afternoon is free to explore around the lakeside. Overnight in Pokhara.
Day 8: Fly to Kathmandu
After breakfast, drive to Pokhara airport and fly to Kathmandu. Upon arrival, transfer to the hotel. After a short break, we will visit two UNESCO world heritage sites in Kathmandu, including the Swayambunath Stupa and Kathmandu Durbar Square. Overnight in Kathmandu.
Day 9: In Kathmandu
Today we have a full day of a sightseeing tour around the Kathmandu valley. Today we shall visit the ancient city of Bhaktapur, followed by Pashupatinath temple and Boudanath Stupa. Transfer back to the hotel after the visit.
Overnight in Kathmandu.
Day 10: Departure
Transfer to the airport in time for your departure flight.
- All transfer by private vehicle.
- Accommodation in 3-4* hotels in Kathmandu and Pokhara and local village lodge/tea house during the trek.
- Only breakfast during the stay in Kathmandu and Pokhara and all meals included during the trek.
- English speaking local guide along with porter(one porter for every two member).
- Guide, porter and trekking staff insurance.
- All necessary paper work and permit (TIMS/ ACAP)
- Domestic flight from Pokhara to Kathmandu.
- All Government taxes and service charges.
- Nepal entry visa.
- International flight to and from Kathmandu.
- Lunch and dinner or any other meal not specified above.
- Personal Travel Medical Insurance.
- Personal expenses such as bar, beverages, tips and gratuities, laundry, telephone, etc.
- Any extra cost forced upon by changing the itinerary due to natural forces, political situation or early return from the trek.