Chitwan Jungle Safari offers a wilderness of rich ecosystems, including mammals, birds, reptiles, and water animals. The Jungle Safari is one of the exciting ways to search for wildlife in its natural habitat. Above all, you will discover a lost world of its own. Also, you will encounter pre-historic rhinos, crocodiles, pythons, and deer within the dense forests. Besides, you will also come across various species of resident migratory birds. And you might even get a glimpse of the elegant Royal Bengal Tiger. Further, it offers various adventure activities like bird watching, nature walks, canoeing, and much more.
Chitwan National Park lies in the inner Terai region of south-central Nepal. It was established in 1973 and was declared a UNESCO Natural Heritage Site in 1984. The National Park covers an area of 952 km2. This area contains deciduous forests. The dense jungle, grasslands, and scattered marshlands make a perfect habitat for various exotic animals. These include the one-horned rhinoceros, Royal Bengal Tiger, Spotted Leopard, and the Asiatic Elephant. Furthermore, numerous species of deer, monkeys, and wild boars also reside in this area. Besides, more than 543 species of birds live in Chitwan
This tour takes you closer to wild lives that form the central theme of this region. Moreover, you will also have a peek into the tribal life of the Tharu people of this area. This tour includes adventure activities like bird watching, Elephant Safari, Jungle walk, and Tharu village tour. Besides, you can also take a canoe ride in the Rapti River. This river trip offers a good opportunity to observe the gharial crocodile, mugger crocodiles, and the elusive Gangetic dolphin. Further, taking an Elephant/Jeep Safari will be the best way to enjoy a close view of the wildlife.
- Enjoy an elephant ride to witness close-up views of wildlife in their natural habitat.
- Take an exciting canoe ride in the Rapti river.
- Observe the gharial and the marsh mugger crocodile basking in the sun.
- Take a nature walk through the Jungle.
- Learn more about the culture and tradition of the Tharu tribe.
- Experience the sunset view from the river deck.
Day 1: Arrival in Kathmandu
Upon arrival at the airport, meet and transfer to the hotel. In the afternoon, you have the option to stroll around Thamel and the local streets of Kathmandu. Welcome dinner in the evening with a typical Nepali cultural program. Overnight in Kathmandu.
Day 2: Kathmandu-Chitwan
After breakfast, we shall drive to Chitwan. It takes about 5-6 hrs to reach Chitwan National Park. On arrival, check in to the resort, followed by a short briefing regarding the program. After lunch, we will visit a local Tharu village, home to the indigenous people of the Terai. After touring the community, we will have a slide show presentation regarding various flora & fauna in Chitwan National Park. Overnight in Chitwan.
Day 3: In Chitwan
Early morning, we shall go for an elephant back safari. After breakfast, an elephant briefing, followed by an elephant bathing (seasonal-only summertime) session. Later in the afternoon, we shall go canoeing on the Rapti river, visit the crocodile breeding conservation project, and enjoy a riverside sunset view. In the evening, a Tharu cultural show is followed by dinner. Overnight in Chitwan
Day 4: In Chitwan
Early morning go for a jungle walk, followed by an elephant safari for about 2 hours, and back to the resort for breakfast. Then start hiking in the National Park/jeep safari (if more than six pax). Enjoy the spectacular riverside sunset view followed by dinner in the evening. Overnight in Chitwan.
Day 5: Chitwan-Kathmandu
In the morning, we have the option to go bird-watching at the river deck. After breakfast, retrace our drive back to your hotel in Kathmandu. Overnight in Kathmandu.
Day 6: Departure
Transfer to the airport in time for your departure flight.
- Accommodation in 3-4* hotels and resorts.
- All transfer by exclusive private vehicle as per itinerary.
- Sightseeing with entrance fees as per itinerary.
- English speaking local tour guide during the tour.
- National Park entrance fees and Safari fee accompanied by a local Jungle Guide/Naturalist.
- Only breakfast in Kathmandu and all meals in Chitwan.
- Nepal Visa fee.
- International flights to and from Kathmandu.
- Any other meal other than the listed above.
- Expenses of personal nature like portage charge, tips, telephone, laundry, bar, beverages, etc.
- Travel Medical Insurance.
- Any additional cost due to changing the itinerary due to your medical condition, political situation, flight delay or any natural forces.
- All other expenses not listed in the included section.