Job description & specification:
Job Title: Tour Operation Officer
Job Summary: Tour operators are responsible for organizing and preparing Tours, Trekking and Adventure Activities as well as accountable for destinations and packages, and adjust company plans accordingly.
Job duties and responsibilities:
- Create various tours, trekking and adventure activities package and plans according to the need and expectation of the group.
- Help CEO & COO to make a decision how many trips to sell each season and the resorts/hotel/Tea House to use
- Visit major Hotel/Resort to ascertain accommodation quality and suitability
- Inspect the vehicle and accommodation quality for guest before use them
- Make sure the guests has been operated the according to the plan schedule. If the schedule has been changed inform to the relevant guest and office as well
- Liaison with tour and trekking guide, airlines, hoteliers and resort.
- Cross-pond with groups, receive and transfer them from and to the airport.
- Confirm customer Personal details and their plans with airlines, hotels & vehicles
- Collect, evaluation and respond (as appropriate) to customer feedback
- Use market research information to guide decisions
- Produce brochures and internet-based information
- Calculate various package pricing and provide information to clients.
- Marketing and communications through various mediums such as websites, brochures and television advertising
- Handling bookings, invoicing and issuing of tickets for tour and trekking groups
- A demonstrable interest in travel, tour and trekking
- Knowledge of Major tour and sight seeing, trekking, adventure activities and destinations
- Sound geographical knowledge of Nepal tour and trekking destinations
- Demonstrable ability to create various tour and trekking package and plans
- Excellent English Speaking & writing skills and if other language is most applicable
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Have good and competent computer skills. MS Word, Excel, Outlook.
- Excellent English Communication skills
- Customer service skills
- Good time management skills
- Costing and Trip Customization skills
Reporting to: Tour operator is responsible to make report to CEO & COO
Qualifications and training required:
Minimum Bachelor degrees preferable in travel and tourism or relevant degree such as management, marketing, business, hotel and catering management can also apply. Knowledge of creating tour and trekking packages is essential. Trekking and tour guide licenses may have an advantage.
Experience: At least 5 years experience working in tour and trekking company as tour Operator.
Salary: Salary will be varies depending up on the Knowledge, skills, experience and performance.
Interested candidate please submit your CV with cover letter at email@example.com
Pease send your CV with cover letter mentioning that you are appropriate candidate. Once we receive the application and CV that suits your talents and requirements, please ensure you have your CV ready in an electronic format.
If you are shortlisted the first stage of the process may involve a telephone call to discuss your CV and career aspirations in more detail.
Short-listed candidates will then be invited in to meet us in person. The initial interview will be a mix of behavioral and role specific questions and there is the potential for second round interviews to take place.
The final selected applicant will be given a verbal offer of the position, followed by confirmation in writing. The time frame for placement varies but generally may take between 2-6 weeks.